Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The best cupcake frosting recipe!

So I am not a fan of icing! To sweet for me, when I was introduced to a cooked icing on my wedding day that our wedding cake lady specialized in... I fell in love!!! I have no idea if this how she made her icing, but it is so close. It has the sweetness from the real sugar vs confectioners sugar, and it is so creamy! Some said it almost tasted like a cool whip icing.

Perfect cupcake frosting and filling
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk- I use whole milk
1/2 cup real butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or any other flavoing

Whick together the flour and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it gets thickened. The recipe on the website says to put the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to get out the lumps, but I have not had any lumps the 3 times I have made this and they turned out ok. Put that mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge to cool, you don't want to use this warm. While that is cooling, beat together in a stand mixer the butter and sugar for a minuite. Make sure you are using the whisk attachment. Then add in your milk mixture and vanilla and beat together for a few minuites then scrape the sides.Then return to mix 7-8 min., and I had mine at a higher setting. Delicious!!!!! Give credits to this website below!!!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/09/perfect-cupcake-frosting-and-filling/

No comments:

Post a Comment